Library and Information Centre
Everyone at Bilborough College is welcome to use the College Library and Information Centre (LIC).
We aim to:
- Provide you with a wide range of current resources to support your course of study
- Provide a pleasant working atmosphere
- Provide you with a supportive environment in which to undertake independent study during your free time at college.
LIC opening hours (term time):
8.30 – 4.30 Monday to Friday
- Support and assistance
- Induction sessions at the start of term
- Main Library – which has approximately 50 PC's
- Group Study room seating up to 25
- Approximately 11,000 printed resources
- Reference copies of key textbooks (for use in the LIC only)
- A selection of current newspapers and journals
- Past issues of journals
- Computers with links to the Internet/Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle) and LIC Catalogue (Oliver)
- CD ROMs and DVDs
- Connexions Resource Centre with a range of careers and welfare resources, for overnight loan and reference
- Newspaper cuttings service to support specific subjects
- Photocopying and printing facilities for black/white and colour. Help is available in using copiers.
- PCs with black and white and colour printing facilities
Our team of friendly, helpful staff is happy to help you to locate resources as well as supporting you in other methods of research.